As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional Scuba Diver, but you also start learning the PADI system of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
*This price does not include PADI materials or equipment rental. Please contact us for further details. IE and instructor application fees are not included. They need to be paid directly to PADI.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the PADI Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI). You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
What does this qualification mean to me?
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach PADI Specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months .
IDC schedule 2015
|IDC Prep||11th Feb||8th April||3rd June||26th Aug||19th Nov|
|AI||14th Feb||11th April||6th June||29th Aug||22nd Nov|
|OWSI||17th Feb||14th April||9th June||1st Sept||25th Nov|
|EFRI||23rd Feb||20th April||15th June||7th Sept||1st Dec|
|IE||24th & 25th Feb||21st & 17th April||16th & 17th June||8th & 9th Sept||2nd & 3rd Dec|
|SPECIALTIES||26th Feb||23rd April||18th June||10th Sept||4th Dec|