Want to do something others can only dream of? To help people transform their lives? To open doors you didn’t even know existed? All of this, and more, awaits you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI).
*This price does not include PADI materials or equipment rental. Please contact us for further details. IE and instructor application fees are not included. They need to be paid directly to PADI.
The OWSI program is a minimum of four days. It introduces you to the entire PADI System of diver education and concentrates on further developing your abilities as a professional dive educator. The challenging part of this course is your personal commitment to the training. The OWSI-course requires you to complete all the self-study Knowledge Reviews before the course begins and to prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations daily. Organization and dedication are key.
During the OWSI-course you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least
- Two confined water teaching presentations
- Two knowledge development presentations
- One open water teaching presentations integrating two skills .
What does this qualification mean to me?
After becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. You may also choose to acquire Speciality Instructor ratings in areas of interest.
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams (IE).
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. (The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement)
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
IDC schedule 2015
|IDC Prep||11th Feb||8th April||3rd June||26th Aug||19th Nov|
|AI||14th Feb||11th April||6th June||29th Aug||22nd Nov|
|OWSI||17th Feb||14th April||9th June||1st Sept||25th Nov|
|EFRI||23rd Feb||20th April||15th June||7th Sept||1st Dec|
|IE||24th & 25th Feb||21st & 17th April||16th & 17th June||8th & 9th Sept||2nd & 3rd Dec|
|SPECIALTIES||26th Feb||23rd April||18th June||10th Sept||4th Dec|